David is the newest member of our team! As a Paraplanner, his role is to support all aspects of the planning process and provide detailed analysis and research to our planners.
What is a Paraplanner?
- A Paraplanner supports all of the planning efforts: from collecting financial information, entering it into the e-Money software, creating financial models, performing financial analysis, and making preliminary recommendations. A Paraplanner is really the right hand of the Certified Financial Planner Professional.
Why did you choose to pursue a career in financial planning?
- The world of finance is extremely complex and changes constantly. People want to spend their time enjoying life, not reading their benefits booklet, keeping up with changes in tax law, deciding how much and where to save etc. I find it fulfilling to help alleviate the stress people feel around finances.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
- The opportunity to learn something new every day. Between the CFP classes I am taking to the research I get to do on a daily basis to working with an experienced advisor I am in a position to be a sponge and I really enjoy that.
When you are not working what do you like to do?
- I enjoy reading, video games and playing chess.
If you weren’t in the financial services industry, what other job would you have?
- I would be a history teacher. I have always had a fascination with history and I believe a great teacher can have a lifelong impact on their students.
What is a lesson you have learned from your father?
- The importance of spending time with those who you care about. It is easy to get caught up in your own life and tell your mom you will call her TOMORROW or tell your dad you will watch the game with him NEXT week.
What is a lesson you have learned from your mother?
- To always try to meet people where they are. If you are able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes you will be much more effective in communicating with them.